CMS has posted the FINAL OASIS-D Instrument and Guidance Manual, effective January 1, 2019.
The OASIS-D instrument is available on the OASIS Data Sets webpage at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HomeHealthQualityInits/OASIS-Data-Sets.html in the downloads section at the bottom of the page.
The OASIS-D Guidance Manual is available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HomeHealthQualityInits/HHQIOASISUserManual.html in the downloads section at the bottom of the page.
The OASIS-D Guidance Manual and OASIS-D Instrument were approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on December 6, 2018 and were posted December 20, 2018.
In addition to adding the OMB approval number, the final Guidance Manual contains corrections to typographical errors contained within the OASIS items/item set in Chapters 2 and 3.
Corrected errors include:
- The SOC/ROC and FU versions of M1311, number of unstageable pressure ulcers/injuries due to coverage of wound bed by slough and/or eschar, was updated by removing the word injuries.
- The DC version on M1311F2, Number of these unstageable pressure ulcers that were present at most recent SOC/ROC, was updated by replacing the word “ulcers” with “injuries.
- The SOC/ROC version of GG0100A Prior functioning, Self-care, Code the patient’s need for assistance with bathing, dressing, using the toilet, or eating prior to the current illnesss, exacerbation or injury, was changed to correct the typographical error “illnesss” to “illness.”
- The SOC/ROC, FU and DC versions for GG0170F, Mobility, Toilet tranfer, was changed to correct the typographical error “tranfer” to “transfer.”
- The coding scale numbers for the DC version of the item GG0130, Self-Care were corrected to add the number 04, and remove one of the two 01 numbers listed.