The FY 2022 ICD-10-CM code files are now available on the CMS on the ICD-10 webpage in the Downloads section at: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/icd-10/2022-icd-10-cm. Visit the website to view the new and updated coding files. These coding updates will impact the following:
- Discharges occurring from October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022
- Patient encounters occurring from October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022.
The updated FY 2022 ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines will be posted once they are made available.
Some of the most notable changes in these new coding files include
- New codes added to Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00-T88) related to traumatic brain compression or herniation (S06.A-) and cannabis use (T40.7-).
- New Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) (Z55.5 – Z59.89) codes added to Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00-Z99)
- New Post-COVID Condition (U09-) codes added to Codes for special purposes (U00-U85)
Join the OASIS Answers Team at an upcoming Quarterly OASIS Update with OAI to learn more about these coding files, HHVBP, Quality Measure, and OASIS-E changes.