You may know the “little brown book” as the quick and ready resource for accurate OASIS coding, but did you know about these additional features?
- The OASIS items are organized alpha-numerically in sections. Each section can be identified by color-coded tabs in the page margin. These sections and their corresponding colors are outlined in the Table of Contents in the front of the book.
- The page margins also have user-friendly icons to highlight what each OASIS item is used for (e.g., used to calculate an outcome measure, or a process measure, or used in quality measure risk adjustment, or in the Star Rating, or to determine PDGM payment).
- There is an entire section toward the back of the INSTANT book dedicated to CMS Q&As that are NOT related to specific OASIS items! Here you’ll find groups of questions and answers related to OASIS topics like “therapy-only cases” or “collaboration”.
- A section in the back of the INSTANT book contains valuable CMS references, including the General OASIS Item Conventions AND those Conventions Specific to OASIS M1800 ADL/IADL items, plus a clarifying CMS document “Understanding OASIS Function M and GG Item Coding”.
- And if taking the COS-C exam is in your future, there are 25 mock exam questions you can use to prep for this certificate exam.
Now you have 5 more reasons to love your INSTANT book.