by Megan Bernier, MSPT RAC-CT COS-C
Draft OASIS-E1 Instrument effective Jan. 1, 2025, now available!
On January 2nd, 2024, CMS posted the draft version of the OASIS-E1 All Items Instrument on the CMS Home Health Quality reporting OASIS Data Set website. This draft All Items instruments gives home health agencies an early look at the changes to the instrument that will be effective January 1, 2025.
Changes in OASIS-E1
The changes in OASIS-E1, as finalized in the CY 2024 Home Health Final Rule include:
- Removal of M0110 – Episode Timing
- Removal of M2200 -Therapy Need
- Removal of GG0130/GG0170 Discharge Goals from the Start of Care/Resumption of Care timepoints.
- Added to the instrument is the new COVID-19 Vaccination item which is found in Section O of the instrument and is OASIS item O0350.A.
Updates in OASIS-E1
- Updating M2420 – Discharge Disposition language in response 1 and response 2 to replace “formal assistive services” with “skilled services from a Medicare Certified HHA”.
- Updating the instructions in D0150 – Patient Mood Interview related to when to stop the interview after completing D0150A and D0150B and when to continue to ask the remaining 7 D0150 questions.